Welcome to Wiremo! In this step-by-step tutorial, you will find out how to set up and use our customer reviews app for Shopify.
For an easier way to install the Wiremo app for Shopify, you can watch the following video tutorial or follow the steps below it.
Setup Wiremo app for Shopify
Open Admin page on your Shopify Store
Go to Apps and visit the Shopify App Store
Search for Wiremo and add app to store. For an easier way to find the app, please type "Wiremo".
On the next step click on the “Install app” button to proceed with the installation
On the "Wiremo Setup" step, choose one of the options to continue the installation. You can select either Automatic or Manual installation.
Further, we will proceed with Automatic installation (pin 1). Select “Install automatically by Wiremo” and click on “Start installation”. For manual installation refer to the last step of this guide.
On the next step select which of the widgets you would like to install. By default the plugin will install all of the widgets available. They are as follows:
- Install widget on product page - this will install the review widget on all of your product pages.
- Widget lite on product page - it will install the rating widget (stars) on your product page.
- Widget lite on your collection page - it will install the rating widget (stars) on your product grids in your collection pages, this will affect also your featured products.
Next, we will proceed with plugin installation by clicking the “Install Wiremo” button.
It’s important that you do not disrupt the installation process as it is described in the below message.
After installation is finished you can go to the product page or collection page before you save changes. If you are done just click on “Yes, save changes”.
Once done you will be prompted to plugin settings.
In plugin Settings you will have the following options:
- Dashboard - it will open Wiremo Dashboard for a detailed view.
- Collect reviews - use it to setup Automated Review Request or initiate Past Orders Review Request.
- General - customize how Wiremo appears in your shop.
- Price table - show pricing table for upgrade options.
- FAQ - consult our frequently asked questions page.
This setting will allow you access to the full Wiremo dashboard with all options included in your plan.
Note:You can find a lot of tutorials related about our features on our support page. And you can contact our support team at any time!
This setting allows you to select setup Automated Review Request from your customers or your past order review request. For both campaigns, you need to have an email template created. Please check this guide:
Note:We advise creating separate email templates for ARR and Past Orders review request.
Important:Past order review request is working only for the last 2 months completed orders. This is due to the Shopify limitation.
Once you have created an email template and selected it, here it is what you need to do:
- For Automated Review Request please press the "Enable" button and then the "Save" button
- For the Past Orders Review Request don’t forget to press the "Save & Start Campaign" button to save changes and enable the campaign.
This is the result you should be getting. Under History, you can see your Past created campaigns' status.
Also, it is very important to note that in the "Collect Reviews" tab there is a special option - "Exclusions". This Option provides you the possibility to exclude specific products or collections from your further ARR and Past Orders review request. By clicking on one of these options you'll just have to select the products or collections you want to exclude from the drop-down menu.
Important:Exclusions will not work for an active Past Order Review Request campaign. To enable this option you will need to create a new campaign.
For the Automated Review Request, exclusions will take effect only for further requests.
This setting allows you to further customize the plugin. We will shortly describe each functionality:
- Hide Stars when no reviews - allow you to hide widget lite ( rating star widget ) when there are no reviews associated with the product
- Automatic authentication for customers - your Shopify customers can leave a review without any additional authentication
- Sync product statistics - use when widget lite rating and/or count doesn’t match with the one displayed on the review widget. This can occur when you manually imported reviews from Wiremo Dashboard.
- Reinstall the Wiremo app - allows you to fully erase plugin installation and start the process from scratch
This type of install gives you full control over the widget placements in your store. These are shortcodes used to make display of wiremo widgets. Each of the options is followed by instructions. Once you are done you can click on “Installed successfully” which will trigger plugin installation on your store.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our support team through live chat on our website. We are always here to help you. Thank you for choosing Wiremo.